Resources To Help You Grow Your Income
On this page you’ll find a variety of resources to help you grow your income. I have read or listened to the audio version of all the books listed below. Check back from time-to-time to see what’s new, or email me at ree@EscapingDodge.com with your suggestions.
Note: While some of the resources below seem to relate to starting your own business that is not the intent of this page. Rather, the goal is to broaden your thinking so you can apply what you learn to your current job, getting a better job, adding side work or starting a business if that’s what you want to do.
Affiliate Disclosure: I have affiliate relationships with some of the product links here, which means that I receive a small commission if your purchase originates from this site. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I appreciate your support by making purchases here; it means this site is providing a useful service. For more detailed information, please see my Affiliate Income Disclosure.
Great Books to Read
Seth blows my mind and has changed the way I think. Listen to this book while driving, exercising, cleaning, whatever, just make sure you don’t miss this one!.
As more and more jobs move overseas, Pink asserts, the most successful people are those who can use both sides of the brains. The author has two free PDFs based on his book to encourage discussion in business and in education available at DanPink.com.
- Where Good Ideas Come From: The Natural History of Innovationby Steven Johnson
Ideas are messy and often take time to evolve, Johnson asserts. They rarely develop in a vacuum; it takes collaboration and exploration to mature an idea into a useful or marketable form.
The author artfully demonstrates how you can turn your knowledge, skills and abilities into a business that generates a loyal customer following.
- ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett
Darren Rowse is considered by many to be the Granddaddy of blogging. This is the first book I bought when introduced to the concept of blogging and it proved to be an invaluable resource. If you are even remotely interested in starting your own blog, even if you don’t want to generate income from it, you would be wise to read this book.
Podcasts to Motivate You
- Pat Flynn’s Smart Passive Income Podcasts
- Michael Hyatt’s This is Your Life Podcasts (note: Michael Hyatt is a Christian and he weaves his beliefs into his material but not in a distracting way.)
Interesting Websites to Visit
- Pat Flynn’s Smart Passive Income
- Carrie Wilkerson’s The Barefoot Executive
- Chris Guillebeau’s The Art of Non-Conformity
Products to Help Generate More Income
Tools to Generate Income Online
- WordPress: This is a FREE tool that is commonly used to create a website/blog. I use it for this site.
- ThemeForest: There are gazillions of themes to choose from here and many are FREE. Escaping Dodge.com currently utilizes the Modernize theme, which costs about $50.
- BlueHost: This is the hosting company I use for EscapingDodge.com. Widely utilized in the blogging community, it is inexpensive, responsive and supports the WordPress community.
Last revision: 07/1/13